Thursday, March 5, 2015


Been doodling a lot of watery themes lately. I think I need to create an underwater painting. That'll give me a chance to play with some deep blue & purple watercolor. Have any of you done ocean or water paintings? Highlights with yellow & gold maybe? All of these are pencil with inkpen over the top. (Pencil just doesn't photograph very well.) I use a cartridge fountain pen. I think this one is a 'broad' nib. This is one of my favorite drawing pens. It holds waterproof ink, so I can watercolor over the top if I want. I'll have to get a photo of the ink so you can see the brand in case you're interested. It's always good to be able to find reliable tools and supplies. If you've got a favorite ink, pen, pencil, whatever, let us all know in the comments!

Happy little wriggler. The siphon is probably not right. I don't even know if I've gotten 8 legs in there. Maybe I'll turn him into a Kraken with 10 legs. Lots of wriggle for sure!

Seaweed. There are a few fishes in pencil, but they're hard to see in the photo.

I just like this little guy. He reminds me of Gomez Addams with his moustache.



1 comment:

  1. My sister gave me a fountain pen, and it's been nothing but grief. I've ordered some Koh-i-noor pen cleaner to soak it in (I think it's clogged; it never worked right from the beginning and I'm sure it's just gotten worse over the years), and if that doesn't do the trick, I'm stumped. I hear they are so wonderful... give me some hope and a reason to keep trying?

    ReplyDelete